The time has come to report that in 10 days, I will be on a plane bound for
1. Perform Customer Service Workshop, plus in-house, one-one training with key personnel; based on result of workshop, future follow-up training expressed in a planning document.
2. Review recent reference desk installation re: staffing issues, collection resources to support reference service.
3. Follow up on biomedical literature searching training performed in January 2005; focus areas determined via brief survey of MUHAS Reference staff. Include directories for free sources of e-journals.
4. Investigate & make proposal for MUHAS-based research database at MUHAS, e.g. abstracts of faculty-produced research.
5. Review IT equipment inventory for planned ICT Classroom, completed in Excel document, suitable/conformance for submission to granting organization.
The Director of the MUHAS Library, Rehema Chande-Mallya visited
Rehema is the author of "Assessment of the use of information and communication technology in the improvement of performance and efficiency in the banking sector: a case study of the National Micro Finance Bank (NMB)
Fred previously visited the same library back in 2005 to provide ICT (Information and Communication Technology) training as part of the Dartmouth/Boston University AIDS International Training & Research Program.