Monday, February 4, 2008

Why I'm Giving Larry $12 Today

I received an email from Larry the other day, just as you did, asking me for $12 in libraries dues. This morning, as soon as I finish writing this blog entry, I am going to run down to his space and hand it over. Why? Because when my stepfather passed away in January, UVM Libraries (courtesy of Darcelene) sent a lovely card to me as well as a donation to the Gulf Coast Hospice in Palm Harbor, FL. I was so touched by this gesture, as was my mother. The good work of Bailey/Howe and Dana extends beyond this campus in so many ways. I am happy to pay $12 because I know it might help another colleague and charity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nancy,
That was very nicely said!
People tend to think it is just for Donut Day. But it is much more, and Darcelene does a wonderful job with it.